Sunday, October 10, 2010

Here We Go (Glimpse of What's to Come)


Hello, Edward is the name and this new journey is the game.
I plan on making a difference in the world, no matter the scale. It doesn’t take a “BIG” voice to make a difference. These are the words I live by. In addition to my love for controversy, I feel it is my duty to bring attention to those topics that are sometimes over-looked and swept under the rug so to speak. “If you’re not part of the solution your part of the problem” a quote every one of us has heard at one point or another. These are also words that speak to me and making a difference starts with the individual. “Be the change you wish to see in the world” – Gandhi

Hey everybody, anyone... 8- )
I’ve really wanted to start this blog for quite some time but, I have never really jumped into action until a great friend of mine Kate Hostetler helped me pick out a new e-mail address to dedicate to this blog and that was the final push to get these wheels turning. allyouneedised@yahoo.com (her great idea by the way!) We both love The Beatles and that is where the idea came from. I am not a 100% how this blog is going to turn out or which direction I am going to be heading in, but I hope those of you who decide to follow me appreciate whatever bits of ramble I wind up publishing, along with some discussion on current and pressing issues, and recent events that I plan on calling into question.




It’s about discovery. Self discovery…. It’s about figuring out who you are, piece by piece, experience after experience. It’s not about looking; it’s about letting… letting the discoveries make themselves known. Much like Russian government attempting to “order” industrial revolution from the top of the government, instead of Europe for example, whose people pieced together industrialization for themselves. Ordered modernization wouldn’t come easy because of the lag in progression in Russian society back in the time of industrial boom and I use this example to explain that it’s not about pushing to find out who you are, instead you just have to let it happen with open eyes and open arm. Being open-minded is really the only true way towards self discovery. It’s about exposure to new ideals, concepts, and situations. It takes finding those moments that strike a personal chord within for a person to have truly stepped foot on uncharted personal self being. For me, the years in high school before the transition into the college atmosphere were when I would say that I was a fairly closed minded individual. Being a part of the free spirited environment where creativity is promoted has not only helped me progress into the person I am becoming, but has taken the steps for me so to speak as far as figuring out who I am. Even though the many shadowed corners of my personality are still yet to be illuminated, I do know that every strand of my beliefs and theories connects within a knot of peace.

Also I love music, so with every post there will be an added music video of the song I was listening to during the process of my post.

Days Difference - Radio Song
http://www.facebook.com/#!/daysdifference

No comments:

Post a Comment